No School March 16 - 20 Due to COVID 19
Updated: Mar 15
Legacy School of Sport Sciences Family,
Over the past 48 hours, we have been actively monitoring the rapidly changing events regarding COVID-19. Our campus consists of students from all over the Houston area, including Harris, Fort Bend, and Montgomery counties. For the safety of our school community, we have decided to close school next week, March 16 – March 20. All extra-curricular activities are cancelled as well. Additionally, there have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Legacy School of Sport Sciences. We will continue to monitor the developments of the Coronavirus and will provide updates throughout the week.
If you have traveled during Spring Break, we ask that you monitor yourself closely for any signs of the Coronavirus. Below is link to a trusted website to keep you updated and suggested precautionary measures.
Currently there is no vaccine for COVID -19. Below are some preventative measures you can take to prevent the spread of the virus.
· Wash hands often for 2 minutes (which is equivalent to singing happy birthday twice)
· Use hand sanitizer when hand washing is not available
· Do not touch your face. Eyes, nose, and mouth are portals for the virus to be transmitted
· If you have a fever of 100.5 or over please contact your health care provider for guidance
· If you feel ill or have a fever, cough, or general upper respiratory systems stay home and away from others
During this time, please remember to take care of your family and loved ones. Again, we will keep you updated with any new information.
Kerrie Patterson-Brown Executive Director